Financial aid processing is managed by the OSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for all academic terms, including summer session. Feel free to contact the financial aid office if you have questions or need assistance with the process. Financial aid is awarded for Summer term beginning in early May. There are a few things to keep in mind regarding your financial aid during summer term:
- Summer term aid requires a 2016-17 FAFSA application. Summer is the start of the academic year for financial aid purposes.
- Summer financial aid is limited due to funding constraints and loan program limits. Students expecting to attend for four terms can anticipate their student loan funds to be redistributed over the four terms of enrollment. Yearly loan limits remain the same regardless of the number of terms you attend. Students who have been awarded work study for the academic year may begin working during summer term (after July 1st) if enrolled half-time or more.
- Enrollment levels are NOT different in summer. Full time is 12 credits, 3/4 time is 9 to 11 credits, and part time is 6 to 8 credits for undergraduates. Half time for graduate students is 5 credits, and full time is 9 credits.
- You must notify the financial aid office if you will be enrolled less than full time.
- You must be enrolled at least half time to be eligible for most financial aid and federal student loans.
- If your actual enrollment does not match your awarded enrollment level, your financial aid disbursement will be delayed. Please complete an Enrollment Revision Request (available on the financial aid website) to have your aid adjusted to your new enrollment level.
- Please note that Pell Grant funds are required to be revised to match your enrollment on an ongoing basis throughout Summer term regardless of when courses are dropped. These revisions may create a balance due on your student account.
Do be aware! Textbooks cannot be charged to your student account; therefore, proper planning for textbook purchases prior to the disbursement of financial aid is strongly encouraged.
For detailed information, please refer to the OSU financial aid website or contact them directly.