Trek for Tuition – Scholarship event
A chance to win a $2,000 scholarship!
Compete to win a scholarship toward summer tuition. Grand prize is $2,000, second place is $1,000 and third place is $500. The Trek will take place on May 23, 2012 starting at 3:30 p.m. in the MU Quad. It's a challenge competition similar to a scavenger hunt (no athletic ability required). Competitors will have one hour to complete as many challenges as possible. The first, second and third place winners receive a scholarship toward summer on-campus, credit courses. Register now!
- Anyone 18 or older may participate.
- Trek happens rain or shine.
- Each competitor gets a free T-shirt, which he or she must wear during the competition.
- All winnings must be applied to on-campus classes being taken during summer 2012.
- Space is limited to the first 100 registrants (after that a waitlist is formed).
- Trek begins at 3:30 p.m. at the MU front steps at the Quad on May 23.
- All registered competitors must check in at the Summer Session booth located in the MU Quad by 3:00 p.m. If late, registered competitor spots open up to students who are on the waitlist. Check-in booth opens at 2:15 p.m.
- Competitors have ONE HOUR to complete as many tasks as possible and return to the starting point. Anyone who is late is disqualified.
- Trek tasks are all on campus - no need to drive or go off campus.
- Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made to OSU Summer Session at 541-737-1470 by May 9.
Rules of the Trek
- Be fair and friendly, and no cheating or sabotaging other competitors. Summer Session and Ecampus staff will be monitoring the Trek.
- You must compete as an individual ... no teams.
- Students who need special accommodations due to a disability, please notify Summer Session staff no later than May 9.
- Safety is important. Please conduct yourself in a manner that keeps you safe and those around you safe.
- Please be respectful during the Trek, especially when entering OSU buildings or facilities. Don't interrupt regular operations or classes.
- Do not break any laws! You and you alone will be responsible for any actions you commit during the Trek.
- By participating in the Trek, you give permission for OSU Summer Session to take photos/videos of you and use them in future promotional, information materials.
- Summer Session staff determines official winners. All decisions are final. No exceptions.
- In the event of a tie or multiple ties - Summer Session staff will provide a tie-breaking task.
Registration for the Trek will open on April 25.
Stay connected with Summer Session
Wondering what's going on this summer? The Summer Session Facebook fan page is your go-to resource for all things summer.