Having an ONID provides access to your OSU student email account and other computer resources, including:
- Wireless network
- Computer labs
- Interlibrary loan
- VPN (off-campus access)
- Malware/Virus Protection Recommendations
- Offered Software
- Google Apps
- MyOSU (OSU portal for access to registration, grades, employment records and much more)
So why get an ONID account?
- Many professors use class email lists to contact students. Without an ONID email account, you might miss important information about your course(s).
- Many professors use Canvas. In order to access Canvas, you must have a valid ONID account.
- Use of on-campus computers in the libraries and computer labs requires a valid ONID account.
- It provides access to Google Apps in order to share, collaborate and create with others.
How to Get Help
The OSU Computer Help Docs website provides how-to and support documentation to assist students, faculty and staff. The OSU Service Desk is available to help you with your computer, application, or other questions. You can contact the OSU Service Desk directly at 541-737-8787 or via their webform.