All actively admitted OSU students are eligible for a universal (secure) access account, or ONID - OSU Network ID.
Having an ONID provides access to your OSU student (ONID) e-mail account and other technology/computer resources, including:
- Wireless network
- Computer labs
- Interlibrary Loan
- Eligible for VPN (off-campus access)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
So why get an ONID account?
- Many professors use class email lists to contact students. Without an ONID email account, you may be missing important information about your course(s).
- Many professors use Blackboard. In order to access Blackboard, users (students/professors) must have a valid ONID account.
- Use of on-campus computers in the libraries and computer labs requires a valid ONID account
ONID Account Creation
Instructions for ONID account setup.
Check out the OSU Computer HelpDocs website for more information on ONID's and other technology/computer related resources or contact them directly at 541-737-3474.